Remy Maucherat wrote:
Jan Luehe wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:
I guess I don't understand what makes "1" bad but "2" OK. Where do we draw the line of what is a stupid config?

Yes, definitely, 2 is nearly as stupid as 1. We need a reasonable minimal value for maxThreads; let's say 10 - 20.

Remy,

I agree we should help users come up with reasonable config values,
but I'm just afraid rejecting any maxThreads < 10 or < 20 will send the
wrong message, as if there was a bug in the way we dispatch incoming
requests that requires at least 10 threads.

I think we should make any maxThreads setting work, as my patch
attempts to do, and update the documentation to make users aware of
the limitations they will run into when picking a low maxThreads.
I think that would be the cleanest solution.

Jan