(I posted this on tomcat-user, without response)

<short>
java.org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.setTimeout(int timeouts) {
        timeout = timeouts * 1000;
        setAttribute("timeout", ""+timeouts);
}

I think this is not correct. According to the documentation, the timeout
can be configured in milliseconds. So, the result of setting the timeout
to 20000 would be a timeout for 20.000.000 milliseconds.

My proposed fixed would be:

java.org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.setTimeout(int timeouts) {
        timeout = timeouts;
        setAttribute("timeout", ""+timeouts);
}
</short>

<long>
We're using Tomcat 4.1.12 on blackdown 1.4.1-beta.
I'm currently investigating a problem which happens to be that a
pocketpc2002 connects to tomcat, and sometimes this causes the tomcat http
connector to wait on the InputStream.read() method in
InternalInputBuffer.fill(). While investigating, we firstly wanted to
identify the problem before upgrading to a higher (and stable) jvm
version.
While debugging the http connector code, I came across a problem which is
shortly described above.

I'm wondering, could this InputStream.read() sympthom be caused by the
timeout being set to 20.000.000 milliseconds??
</long>

Thanks.
Klaas