Kazuhiro Kazama wrote:
Remy,

Tomcat 5.0 always adds a charset=ISO-8859-1 to the content type. While this is I think relatively legal, it is rather risky (it causes problems with some clients, as I've read on tomcat-user), and very dubious when dealing with non text data.

I received the report that the same(?) charset problem exists in Tomcat 4.1.29 from Japanese developers. They said that Tomcat 4.1.27 is ok.

Could you check whether the same problem exists or not?

If not, I will analyze Tomcat 4.1.29 and send the patch.

This has been fixed already. However, I have to point out that the client is not compliant (not specifying a charset is equivalent to specifying charset=ISO-8859-1).

Remy