At 11:56 AM 11/24/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>I have tried applying the patch, and I found three problems with it.
>First, its removal of a session from the SingleSignOnEntry object causes
>an IndexOutOfBounds exception.  Second, the method for determining
>whether the user explicitly logged out or whether a session timed out
>doesn't scale one of the numbers correctly (i.e. comparing millisecond
>values to seconds).  I have fixed the patch, but I don't have a diff of
>it yet (I'm new to helping with this project).  Finally, the patch
>doesn't synchronize on 'reverse' when removing an entry from it.

I also looked at the code for StandardSession.getLastAccessedTime() and it looks as if
it will throw an IllegalStateException if the session is expired.  So that would break
the algorithm used in the 9077 patch.

BTW, the javadoc for javax.servlet.http.HttpSession doesn't specify throwing an
IllegalStateException for a call to getLastAccessedTime().  It looks as if the
exception throw  was added in response to bug 15967, which stated that the javadoc
does specify the exception, but I'm looking at the javadoc for both Servlet 2.3 and
2.4, and in both cases it's not specified.

Brian Stansberry
WAN Concepts, Inc.
www.wanconcepts.com
Tel:    (510) 894-0114 x 116