At 10:29 PM 11/24/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Nelson, Luke wrote:
>
>>Hopefully Brian can take the patch I added, and test it under 5.0
>>since he indicated he was available to make the change.
>
>That would be good. I can apply a verified TC 5 patch tomorrow if you can post one.
>Otherwise, the issue won't be fixed in 5.0.15.

Yes, I'm working on this and have integrated Luke's patch w/ the TC5 SSO version.  Had
to run out and fix a customer's broken network, but I'll be on this the rest of the
day.

But, the IllegalStateException issue needs to be resolved.  Luke, your patch has no
problem in TC4 because the IllegalStateException in getLastAccessedTime() was added in
TC5.  Off the top of my head, I can think of only 1 potential workaround, which is to
move the logic that throws the exception to HttpSessionFacade; this complies with the
javadoc version that specifies the exception in javax.servlet.http.HttpSession but
leaves the method in StandardSession available for internal use anytime.  Kind of a
hack, and it changes the behavior of the public API of StandardSession.  But, the
exception throw is not specified in the javadoc for interface o.a.c.Session, and a
quick look at the TC5 usages of o.a.c.Session.getLastAccessedTime() shows a few calls
to the method that 1) aren't making any obvious tests for session validity before
invoking it; and 2) aren't catching IllegalStateException.

1) JDBCStore.save()
2) ManagerBase.getLastAccessedTime()
3) PersistentValve.isSessionStale()

Or we can hope the final spec matches the JSR154-PFD3 javadoc, and not the J2EE1.4
docs on the Sun site ;-)

Any thoughts?

Brian Stansberry
WAN Concepts, Inc.