I am curious as to why the endpoint cache for the ajp 1.3 worker is not in
shared memory. It seems that if you want to limit the number of connections
to tomcat you would want to it across all of apache, not per process. Is
there a reason why it is implemented this way?

Example:

httpd.conf
<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         1
MaxClients         640
MinSpareThreads      5
MaxSpareThreads    640
ThreadsPerChild     64
MaxRequestsPerChild  0

To satisfy this configuration, apache would create 10 processes under heavy
load.

How would I configure a worker in workers2.properties If I wanted to limit
the number of threads that this server can use in a particular tomcat
instance to 15. ( We have 2 webservers, and we have found through testing
that tomcat/java has thrashing issues above 30 threads )

Thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or
previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential
or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not
read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use
of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original transmission and its
attachments without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you