> > From: Scott, Sean
> >
> > I have locally modified the head revision of the jk2 project
> > and would like some feedback before submitting the
> > enhancements for review.
> >
> > The change in behavior that we desired was that rather than
> > returning an error when the max_connections for the endpoint
> > cache were reached, the worker would wait for an endpoint to
> > be returned to the cache.
> >
> > To implement this functionality I modified the
> > jk_mutex_thread.c module to include a wait and a notify
> > method (using the apr_thread_cond routines).  I then modified
> > the ajp13 worker to wait (forever) when the max_endpoints are
> > reached. I also modified the "jk2_worker_ajp13_done" method
> > to "notify" when an endpoint was returned to the cache.
> >

> -1 on mutex/wait approach.
>
> Using that we would reinvent the wheel.
>
> There is an excellent API in the APR-UTILS that will allow us to do
> a non-blocking approach.
> Take a look at apr_reslist API.
> Since we agreed to use the apr _and_ apr_util as mandatory, take a

Being fairly new to this list... does this mean that you plan on doing away
with the jk wrappers? Is apr fair game in any module?

> look at those. The reslist is meant to be used for such purposes.
>
> MT.

These methods do in fact do the functionality that I require, however it
doesnt appear that it is possible to achieve the current behavior which is
to error out when the max_connections have been reached. However, I dont
think returning an error is desirable behavior anyway.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or
previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential
or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not
read this transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use
of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
the sender by telephone or return e-mail and delete the original transmission and its
attachments without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you