Howdy,
I would throw out one more piece of advice: consider jakarta commons
fileupload component.  It is well-designed with respect to handling
large files.

As to the "OutOfMemoryErrors are, in fact, always bugs" claim -- well,
that's the most amusing thing I've heard today ;)  If they are bugs,
find the buggy code.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Since
>> you don't get stack traces and at best can pin down the thread name
for
>> OutOfMemoryErrors, they take a lot of time to track down.  In my
>> experience, though, they tend to result from an unaccounted for
>> degenerate request coming that causes the code to, well, consume all
the
>> available memory (i.e., a bug).
>>
>> -Adam
>>

>> Shapira, Yoav wrote:
>>
>> > Howdy,
>> > This belongs on the user, not dev, list.  It's most likely a simple
>> > issue (not a bug) with you not allocating enough memory to the JVM.
>> > Please pursue this issue on the user list.
>> >
>> > Yoav Shapira
>> > Millennium ChemInformatics

Server

> [...]
>> >
>> > invo

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
:

>> > 480)

>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextVa
>> >
>> > ve.j

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext
.

>> > invo

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
:

>> > 480)

>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2
4

>> > 17)

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.ja
>> >
>> > a:18

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext
.

>> > invo

>>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcher
>> >
>> > alve

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext
.

>> > invo

>>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.ja
>> >
>> > a:17

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext
.

>> > invo

>>org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:5
7

>> > 7)

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext
.

>> > invo

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
:

>> > 480)

>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>
>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValv
>> >
>> > .jav

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext
.

>> > invo

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java
:

>> > 480)

>>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
>>
>>org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor
.

>> > java

>>org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.jav
>> >
>> > :115

>> > This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business
intended