David Rees wrote:
On Wed, January 14, 2004 at 4:52 pm, David Rees wrote:

Running RH 7.3 with JDK 1.4.2_03-b02.  What OS do you develop on?  I'll
try windows.

I'll strip down my config and do more testing...

Just tested on Windows XP, and JDK 1.4.2_03-b02 where it works with the
relative path.

I also tested on Fedora Core 1 (same JDK as RH7.3) and IRIX with JDK
1.4.1_02 which all failed with the same ClassNotFoundException.

So it appears to be a Unix specific issue and I think I've figured out why
it fails.

I re-tar the tarball and move a number of files out of the way to make it
easier for me to deploy on my servers.  This time, I moved the TC/webapps
dir out of the way as usual, but forgot to recreate it.  So the appBase
for my <Host/> was invalid.

It is interesting that going to /manager/ resulted in TC displaying the
proper directory index but couldn't load the manager servlets, didn't warn
me that the appBase was missing, and for some reason worked on Windows.

Hmmm, I don't know. The host appBase likely must exist; I never tested without it, so I don't know what it does. Maybe the classloader isn't setup right (too bad, the JMX viewer is in the manager webapp, so you can't use it to see what's inside the classloaders).

Rémy