Last I checked (a while ago, admittedly), JBoss was architected such
that you can deploy only the pieces you need - VERY modular.  So, you
can make it not a "monster", but rather just Tomcat + JTA, if I am not
mistaken.  It seemed at the time (early JBoss 3.0 days) that such a
thing was not that hard either.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1/16/04 4:59:26 AM >>>

I might try that, although currently my patched version of tyrex works

fine and I'm a little reluctant to put in a monster like jboss just for

JTA and connection pooling but if the tyrex people will not accept my
additions/fixes in CVS tyrex is of course a dead end and jboss might be

the only sensible way to go.

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com