I think Guenter is asking that we change mod_jk2 do be .so.  Right now we build a .dll
 (at least if we build from the project files) but it would be easy to change this to
.so and I'd be happy to do it.

Mike Anderson

Günter Knauf a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>>Since many people ask for a jk2 release, 2.0.4, I'll act as
>>release manager if nobody else want to take the job before
>>Friday.
>
> great, thanks!
>

>>Comments welcome
>
> two things I would like to discuss:
> 1) I would like to see all binaries packed to tar.gz or zip;

Well it could be done easily, if nobody object, I'll choose .gz for
Unixes and .zip for Windows.

this is definitely better in two ways: the original file timestamp keeps
intact, and if the download is broken normally the archiver reports that.
> Oh, I've just checked, and this is only true for win32 and netware with mod_jk, with
> mod_jk2 win32 has zip...
> please Mike, can you put up zip files instead of renamed NLMs - also with future
> mod_jk releases?
>
> 2) ask for a reason why the file extension was not changed to .so on Win32 when
> Apache 1.3.15 moved to this...?

Do you want it to revert to .dll ? On my Windows box the Apache 2.0.47
came with module named .so and not .dll.