David Rees wrote:

Henri Gomez wrote, On 2/13/2004 3:08 AM:

Are you sure it will works on non gcc compiler ?

I'd like to see Jean-Frederic opinion :) (exotic os/hardware)

Does not look like it does, but at least now you'll know that if you're writing gcc specific code you can do it. ;-)

The only non-gcc compiler I have access to is SGI's MIPSpro 7.2.1 where it does work there.

Too bad not all compilers support it, it can make code a lot more readable.

In JK, we have to live with many OS and many compilers, Unixes (BSDs', Linux's, AIX, HPUX, Solaris), Windows, Netware, OS400, BS2000, .....