[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>

>>>The entire shm support will be available _only_ if there is
>>>APR_HAS_SHARED_MEMORY support.
>>>So if the particular platform doesn't implement that, or the apr's
>>>implementation is bogus, one can disable that when building apr.
>>
>>APR_HAS_SHARED_MEMORY appears bogus on Solaris 2.8 with 0.94 and CVS (1.0).
>>
>>How can you change the apr build as mod_jk2 builds apr when trying to make
>>apr for apache 1.3.x?  Using Suns complier.
>>

>>>Can someone tell me what are the platforms that doesn't have
>>>the support for
>>>APR_HAS_SHARED_MEMORY.
>>
>>As per above, Solaris apr build appears to have bugs.  As yet I have not had
>>the time to look at why.
>>
>>Does the above help?
>

> I very seriously doubt this.  Apache uses shared memory for the scoreboard
> communication between the parent and child processes.  In Apache 2.0, this is
> done using APR's shared memory support.  Also, the APR testsuite tests shared
> memory, and while I don't currently have a Solaris machine, the last time I had
> one, APR passed this test on Solaris.

On my machine with native compiler I have the following:
+++
bash-2.03$ ./testshm
APR Shared Memory Test
======================

Initializing the pool............................OK
Creating anonymous shared memory block (10280 bytes)........OK
Checking size...10280 bytes...OK
Allocating shared mbox memory for 10 boxes ..............OK
Shared Process Test (child/parent)
Sending message to box 7
received a message in box 7, message was: Sending a message
Sending message to box 4
received a message in box 4, message was: Sending a message
Sending message to box 1
received a message in box 1, message was: Sending a message
Sending message to box 8
received a message in box 8, message was: Sending a message
Sending message to box 5
Sending message to box 2
received a message in box 2, message was: Sending a message
received a message in box 5, message was: Sending a message
Sending message to box 9
Sending message to box 6
received a message in box 6, message was: Sending a message
received a message in box 9, message was: Sending a message
Sending message to box 3
received a message in box 3, message was: Sending a message
Sending message to box 0
received a message in box 0, message was: Sending a message
[...]
Waiting for child to exit.
done waiting on mailboxes...
Destroying shared memory segment...OK
Anonymous shared memory test passed!
Creating named shared memory block (10280 bytes)........OK
Checking size...10280 bytes...OK
Allocating shared mbox memory for 10 boxes ..............OK
fork()ing and exec()ing children:
starting consumer.....
Name-based shared memory test FAILED: [2] No such file or directory
starting producer.....
Name-based shared memory test FAILED: [2] No such file or directory
Waiting for producer to exit.
Waiting for consumer to exit.
Destroying shared memory segment...OK
Named shared memory test passed!
bash-2.03$ uname -a
SunOS PGTR0327 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUS
+++