Hi,

>The options seem to be:
>A) Ship Tomcat 5.0.20 without JMX, and have it display a message with
>instructions on how to install JMX if it's not present (basically,
>everywhere but on JDK 1.5.0).
>B) Ship the binaries from non ASF servers (we could setup a project for
>that on Sourceforge). The sources can be shipped from the ASF servers
as
>before. It is unclear to me if we can legally call these binaries
Apache
>Tomcat or not.
>
>Comments ?

Wait for a couple of days (AFAIK there's no pressure to do 5.0.20
immediately) to see the board's reactions to our complaints and requests
for clarification.  If no changes occur (and I think they will: we'll
just have to modify our license file to include a paragraph about MX4J)
then we'd vote on the above (I tend to like option A at the moment).

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.