Quite correct, though usually it IS the case that they are a subscriber,
and that is why they have the address in their book.  I personally am
quite surprised that a group of individuals technical enough to
participate in these forums would be falling prey to the viruses so
often, so maybe you are correct and they are really non-subscribers.  I
HAVE noticed though a high occurrence of jakarta (tomcat _AND_ Ant)
email addresses in all of the virus emails that I receive, so it seems
lke they are coming from somebody on these lists.

Jeff Tulley wrote:

>If I am not mistaken, this email probably results from somebody on
the
>list having one of the many recent viruses.

Actually, that is not necessary to see messages like this.  All that
needs to happen is that someone who is infected has both the email
address of a subscriber and the email address of the mailing list
visible (in an address book or something).  The infected party does
*not* have to be a subscriber himself or herself.

Craig

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com