Hi,
Thanks for providing some amusement on my Friday morning ;)

This is not a known issue because it's not an issue.  Knowing tomcat's
version number won't help you because there are no version-specific
tomcat security holes.  Furthermore, all of tomcat's built-in error
pages have the exact version, i.e. even mishaps like 404's give the same
result as your test.  So this is not special to the % parameter either.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.