Rick Knowles wrote:
Dennis,

I'm not a tomcat dev, but hopefully I can help anyway - having done what I think it is you're trying to do. I did mine for the Winstone servlet container (http://winstone.sourceforge.net)

For Nos 1 and 2, I can't help. But for No 3 it involves setting context attributes:
1) org.apache.catalina.jsp_classpath, and
2) org.apache.catalina.classloader

It seems that 1 is the one that does the work. It doesn't actually even seem to call 2 at class load time, but there is code that reads 2, so I set it anyway.

By setting 1, you don't actually set the classloader, but you make a new classloader that has the same classpath. If that's not what you want, maybe someone else on the list can help.

The only other thing you have to do is mount the JspServlet, which it sounds like you've already done.

Thanks for your answer, which I think would help somewhat. But I already figured this part out, and have that working.

The part that I have trouble with is using my own classloader, because with the classpath I can only refer to jars and directories. What I need to do is load classes from jars within jars, and other places as well.

But I will certainly look into the org.apache.catalina.classloader context attribute. That one had missed my attention.

-dennis