[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

What I am trying to say is that do not dismiss 1.3.x unless

it is difficult

to include.

Well if we had to support Apache 1.3, will have to support two very different web-server and could make use of APR since Apache 1.3 came
without APR.

Ah ok - so this is complex to make it work with 1.3.x.

And in such case, we'll have to spend time on -dev and -users list
to explain how to make Apache 1.3 with APR support, a waste of time.

Agreed.

If admins want to stay with Apache 1.3, no problem for me, they'll have
to stay with mod_jk 1.2.x.

ok - just need to make this clear in the docs/how-to's.

Crypto and compression would be a very good addition -

although not to

ignore the simple connection as it needs to be quick/efficient!

Compression and crypto are negociated at AJP nego time, see the part about MD5 use in both native and java side.

Ah appologies I though crypto would mean SSL'ing the link or encypting the
AJP contents with AES/Blowfish et al.

It could of course, all we need is a fast crypto protocol, and more important something ALLREADY available in APR/Apache2/Java