Mladen Turk wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Henri Gomez

Ideally since we could have a cluster of Apache WebServer linked to a cluster of Tomcat ServletEngines, and that member could enter or exit these 2 clusters we should have something using Multicast (ideally a native JavaGroups) for both side.

Wow, you've push it to the limit :)

With such the configuration in both Web and Tomcat clusters will be to enter a Service Channel where all members will get all the services messages and handle them accordingly ?

What about multicast support in APR ?

Each node would need both server and client listeners, so they can exchange
service messages.

But I'm not sure that I wish to see that in the core itself. It brings an
extra complexity that is needed in 'not-an-everyday usage'.
Something like should either be a different project or at least manageable
at compile time.

No this settings will be for mod_ajp 2.x :)

We should focus now on mod_ajp 1.0 ....