Hi,
> Adding portable.hnw for netware and portable.hw for windoze and #ifdef for
> AS400
> is the clean way.

> The quick way is adding:
> +++
> #if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(AS400) && !defined(NETWARE)
> #include "portable.h"
> #endif
> +++
unfortunately it isnt that simple cause I have _two_ different NetWare architectures,
a modern one with vsnprintf & friends, and the older one without where I need the
replacements:
for NetWare netscape, jni, apache-1.3 need replacement; only apache-2.0 has vsnprintf
coming from the OS...

I had already fixed that in jk_global.h, but if we stay with portable.h I would like
to create protable entirely from the Makefile rather than having a protable.hnw for
the above reasons - otherwise I would need _two_ : a protable.hnw1 and portable.hnw2;
so better I generate it....

I'm very short in time today, but see what I can add to the Makefile....

Guenter.