If java.home points to the JRE, this 'might' point you at a JDK - but it is
certainly an unwise choice for those who don't dereference a JRE, buried
within a JDK, as JAVA_HOME.

Which brings up a good point, you may have to modify the envvars of the
SYSTEM (LocalSystem) account, or whichever account you ask the
Tomcat service to run-as.