Its maintained if there is a committer who will apply the patches. Mark has been very good at doing this.

For large companies - it takes (a lot) time to upgrade versions. I'm still stuck on 4.0.4 for all of my servers. (Soon to be 5 if all goes well) Stability is more important than speed and features. It took a lot of versions of 4.1 and 5.0 before it was stable. Even the first "stable" releases still had minor problems that got reported, were true and would have been problems for my environment.

We stayed on 4.0.4 forever because all of the bugs that existed for that version (and old non-coyote connector) did not affect us.

If there are people willing to maintain the branch, I think its worthwhile to
have a release.

-Tim

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,

<ballot>
The 4.1.31 maintenance release should happen:
[ ] Yes
[ X ] No
</ballot>

-1 on this release. Reasons have been stated in detail in the other
thread, but to summarize this branch is no longer maintained and users
should upgrade to 5.x or custom-patch if they have an emergency.