*Use tomcat-user - not tomcat dev*

The error being thrown is from this code:
                Class clazz = Class.forName(driverName);
                driver = (Driver) clazz.newInstance();

So you either misconfigured the driver name, or your missing the oracle thin driver jar files in server/lib. (Or common/lib depening on your installation)

-Tim

Shanti Priya wrote:
Hi !!
       I am trying to setup an jsp application in tomcat .The application
uses struts also and oracle is the database .
I do get the following error in the log file. Please do suggest.It's urgent.
I am attaching the log file to you.

Thanks & Regards,
Shanti Priya Sunkara

Location        : Pune, India
Email           : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone           : 91-20-4128313

2004-09-21 12:20:10 JDBCRealm[Catalina]: Exception opening database connection
java.sql.SQLException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
at org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm.open(JDBCRealm.java:589)
<snip>
2004-09-21 12:20:37 JDBCRealm[Catalina]: Exception performing authentication