Remy Maucherat wrote:

- Decent default java.util.logging configuration

I don't see any sensible configuration given what the standard handlers are (limited rotation options, little possibility of avoiding hardcoding logfiles paths, etc). Also, the reload operation is not exposed to JMX (other operations are exposed, however).

So I'll add a default configuration file from the JRE, where we'll add some example catagory names to help users, but that's unfortunately all that can be done by default.

Rémy

And some people are using log4j :-)

I just can't live with the 2-line per log and the formated date, and I found no way to change this ( except writting my own formatter ).