The components are released during a tomcat upgrade. yes, it can be possible for one of the components to not change during a release cycle.

-Tim

Nathan Coast wrote:
Hi,

bit of background... I maintain the maven-tomcat-plugin.  This plugin uses:

catalina-ant
jasper-compiler
jasper-runtime

In the interest of keeping the plugin up to date, I should probably cut a new version of the plugin whenever any of these components are modified. Do these components have their own release cycle? or are they just released whenever there is a new tomcat build?

I'm guessing there are some tomcat releases where none of these components are modified.