Mladen Turk wrote:
Who will ever wish to do something like that and for what purpose?
Me, for instance :)?

Hi Mladen,
i was almost certain that someone would have thought i'm mad, well i'll try to
explain, but it's not that simple and language don't help either.

Our group is actively developing on Tomcat and not everybody in the group has
the skill, or want to bother about Tomcat installation and update, so i built
using NSIS (i must admit i initially predated your tomcat.nsi) an installer
that build all the structure needed to run a Tomcat server, installs some
support scripts, configures the server.xml with the rigth ports and other
parameters (taken from a configuration page), builds and configure log4j
support (without touching the tomcat installation thanks to
catalina.properties), build a service for this server and builds all the
shortcuts needed to start/stop the service, remove/install the service, and/or
start/stop manually the server.

This means that with a single, read only, tomcat installation (thanks to
catalina.base) i can configure multiple servers in a single machine and manage
each of it as a service or as a manually started server.
Think, i can even test clustered configurations in my machine with minimum
effort.

This also allow for easy Tomcat update because nothing of of my configurations
is within the tomcat installation structure like it is if i use the Tomcat5
service that comes as default.

It was during the tests for all this stuff that i found those errors.

Can i qualify as an advanced Tomcat user?

Gabriele.