Remy,

I am aware of this property on Host and I actually use it - works great I am
able to supply my own context configurator. What I would like to do is avoid
rewriting significant parts of Tomcat's ContextConfig class to implement my
encryption/decryption functionality. I would like to only override tiny part of
it responsible for reading XML config files. It can be easily achieved with a
tiny ContextConfig refactoring. May I send you proposed changes?

Thank you very much for your help

Alex

Roytman, Alex wrote:
> Rémy,
>
> I do not think that adding a Context listener will do me any good. I need to
> plug in my own ContextConfig. I know I can plug in my own ContextConfig but I
> would like to extend tomcat's one with minimum of changes or I will be
> running risk of being incompatible with next version of tomcat. That's why I
> am asking if existing ContextConfig could be refactored slightly to permit
> easy extension

Well, we're not going to provide any additional hooks. Since you seem to
be reading the code, it is odd you didn't see you could configure the
config class used (configClass on Host).

Rémy