William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

I agree with you. After all, the main focus is Tomcat support, as APR's main focus is Httpd support.

Outch! Hope that isn't the worldwide impression;

When it will have apr_free then it will be free of httpd spirit :).

Clearly, your interface will be broader than apr. When you do encounter the need for abstracting apr specifically, I do hope you consider doing this in a concerted effort. A reply to my post on [EMAIL PROTECTED], that an oo-dev abstraction effort is worthwhile, wanted, or you want to participate in, would be most appreciated.

I'm surely do. I've started the apr-java project as a two way interface, with apr being capable to use java and vice versa. This is far more complex then what we need for tomcat, but other projects like commons/daemon could benefit from it. For example we have there three separate codebases resolving the JVM loading, so portable solution would be welcome.

Mladen.