Tim Funk wrote:
I'm going to abstain from voting since I am unable to adequately test. But I did find one item which could be a PITA for the folks on tomcat-user.

In setclasspath.sh - the CLASSPATH isn't always overridden. If the user tries to start tomcat with an existing CLASSPATH - that is appended to the bootstrap classpath. You can only guess that wacky errors I saw after startup with my legacy 3+ year old CLASSPATH.

I committed the change to setclasspath.sh to fix this.

While this issue is definitely not a blocker, it might cause a lot of frustration for the many users who keep their CLASSPATH enironment variable set.

Well, JARs in system extensions is an equally common and very similar issue, from what I've seen (where the user has an old servlet.jar in the booclasspath, for example). We can't fix that one.

Rémy