Hi,

> Right, that's what I tried at first. However, session tracking would
> break in mysterious ways whenever emptySessionPath is used if we did
> that. So I considered it was better to remove the method to signal some
> change is needed.
>
> That was my idea, but I'm ok with adding back the method in Manager (and
> ManagerBase) as deprecated if you still think it's better.

Yeah, I still think it's better.  Marginally better and obviously not perfect,
but still better.  If you want to add a comment to the old createSession()
version that session tracking might break in mysterious ways if
emptySessionPath is used, that's fine too.  The important thing is we'll
deprecate it and maintain backwards compatibility for at least a few releases /
few months, then we can remove it altogether.  (And I'll be +1 for that, always
preferring a cleaner interface myself)

Yoav