Upgrading mod_jk would be possible (not too complicated), but I'm afraid
we are going to break other products we don't control the way we do with
mod_jk.

mod_jk is a good example to see, why it's not unlikely that changes
would be needed for other balancers.

Rainer

Remy Maucherat wrote:

Filip Hanik - Dev wrote:

its not at all that complicated.
This is how a big5 load balancer does it.

A) it sets a cookie, and based on the cookie it load balances.
B) if a cookie is not supported, it does a calculation based on the IP address, and stays sticky that way.

No need to exchange any info in this scenario and very straight forward, and never goes wrong. The only time it goes wrong is for
AOL users who can change gateway between HTTP and HTTPS

I don't think it's that complicated either, but it would still require an upgrade of mod_jk to work, so it's probably not an option :(

Rémy