Is there any realistic ETA for Java 5 language feature support in Tomcat 5.5 JSPs?

Tomcat 5.0.30 has a simple web.xml flag to note the target language version.

5.5 does too -- if you force it to use javac rather than JDT. This is sounding better and better the longer Tomcat 5.5 does not bundle a JDT that fully supports Java 5.

I realize this is not a Tomcat issue as much as a JDT issue -- except that Tomcat 5.5 uses JDT by default. I also realize scriptlets are considered evil -- but they, and hard requirements for Java 5 *now*, are a fact of life for some of us.

--
Jess Holle