Hi,

socket_timeout on Solaris: does very well during connect.
Also no more erors/warning during build.

I tested by adding microsecond timestamps to jk_log, adding some trace log
messages to nb_connect and changing socket_timeout in nb_connect to
millisecond resolution.

Then I stressed to tomcat system and could see that:

- the connect call comes back immediately (non blocking) with EINPROGRESS
- the select call comes back immediately after connect or very close to
the timeout given.
- if I put the timeout very small (e.g. 5 milliseconds) connect fails and
indeed a packet sniff shows, that the handshake was not fast enough.
- with 15 milliseconds one of the three attempts succeed (motly the second
one)
- with a higher timeout the first attempt succeeds and the timestamp of
the return of the select call nicely fits with the end of the three way
tcp handshake (syn/sysn_ack/ack) from the packet sniff.
- without any stress on the target system the connect alredy comes back
with rc/errno=0 (success) and no select is done.

Regards,

Rainer