Hi,

It seems that there informal consensus to become a TLP.  It also seems that
the proposal draft I posted earlier is mostly fine, with minor scope
adjustment.  We agree that there should be annual elections for PMC chair.
The final element we need to fill in our TLP proposal before we have a
formal vote on it is our initially suggested PMC chairman (or woman).

So far, Remy and I have proposed ourselves as candidates for the job.  While
multiple people will help out, only one can hold the title at a time, as was
made clear by Jim and others.  Accordingly, let's have a simple majority
vote of tomcat committers to see if we can decide on the initial PMC chair,
assuming that simple mechanism is OK with everyone.  You all know Remy and
myself well enough I believe, but feel free to ask questions (in public or
private as you wish).

Obviously a vote doesn't indicate anything personal.  Remy and I have spoken
in private and both understand each other, there's no issues between us.
However if there's some reason I'm not aware of to hold this vote in
private, we can do it on [EMAIL PROTECTED] maybe (although I'm not
sure all Tomcat committers are members of that list), or using one of the
ASF voting scripts from CVS/SVN.

The initial Tomcat PMC chair should be:

[  ] Remy Maucherat

[  ] Yoav Shapira

Yoav Shapira

System Design and Management Fellow

MIT Sloan School of Management / School of Engineering

Cambridge, MA USA

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED] /
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]