Jim Jagielski wrote:
I would recommend that before anyone responds, "we" decide who should
rec' and tally the votes. Also, votes should only be counted
from those who will be on the new PMC.

So before the vote:

   1. Finalize list of PMC members
      (all current committers)
   2. Determine who to collect and tally votes
      (I propose Henri Yandell)

Let's not make this too long or complicated.

Some votes are already out of the box, and I think we agree that
any committer who wants to be in the PMC can get there by simply asking for it.

So if Henri can send back a count ( or just the winner ) of all private votes he receives, as well as the list of people who voted - we can check against avail and update the PMC member list as well. ( a vote by a committer is an indication that he wants to vote so he wants to be in the pmc :-).