Costin Manolache wrote:
Kurt Miller wrote:

Congratulation Remy !

I think a lot of people agree that anyone who is an active committer should be in the PMC ( that's what jakarta has been doing for a long time ). It's 'should' - not 'must' - that means you are not required to do this if you really don't want to.

Right, obviously, anyone can refuse to be on a PMC, which most of the time does not deal with actual development issues.

I think Remy has already sent additional lists of people who are active but have not voted. I assume those who really don't want will have to send email to Remy to be taken out of the list before it goes to the board.

Yes.

Regarding 'emeritus status' - I think usually people who have not participated in the last 6 months ( or 1 year ) can be moved to 'emeritus' - unless they ask to remain in the list of active committers.
( for example because they plan to return to active soon, etc :-). We could send a mail to everyone in the avail list, and if we don't get an answer or we get an 'I don't care' - we should do the switch.

Doesn't seem like a bad idea ;)

Rémy