----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Funk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: New TLP draft

> True. But do others really need to see the GUMP message if they don't want
> them? Since I should be reading the GUMP failures - it is mandatory for me
> see them. But for any other dev lists one is subscribed to (but not
> committing) - do you really care that the latest build failed? Since the
> failure messages are small as compared to geronimo - the case is not as
> compelling.

Having [EMAIL PROTECTED] is just silly.  The messages (currently two per day)
are
easily filtered by any half-decent mail client.  Also, any committer can
simply turn off the nags, and require that people that want to check the
Gump status need to goto http://brutus.apache.org.

> As for the wiki - it would be nice to get Wiki updates so as to mitigate
the
> possibility of horrible information being posted. While the wiki is not
> pretty and does not have many pages - it does serve a nice function as a
> catch-all for various helper links or an alternate way to share HOW-TO
> information without being a committer.
>
> -Tim
>
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > Tim Funk wrote:
> >
> >> The main use case is when I lurked in geronimo. When a build in
> >> geronimo fails - it creates a *massive* email which I as a lurker
> >> really don't care about. It also took forever to download of a
> >> highspeed line. I also recevied wiki updates when subscribed to the
> >> cvs commits which I didn't care about.
> >

> > Ok, but Tomcat doesn't do either (no wiki updates, no big failure logs).

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above as the
intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not read, copy, or
distribute this message or any attachment. If you received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and then delete all copies of
this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent through
the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive information,
such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification
numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail.