Jason Brittain wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:

Jason Brittain wrote:

"This release of Apache Tomcat was packaged to run on J2SE 5.0
or later. It can be run on earlier JVMs by downloading and
installing a compatibility package from the Apache Tomcat
binary download page."
means JMX wasn't found, that's all.

Okay, I confirmed at least one way to make Tomcat 5.5.9 run on Kaffe 1.1.5. Adding the jmx.jar to the Kaffe's boot classpath works:

# export CATALINA_BASE=/home/$USER/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9
# export CATALINA_OPTS="-Xbootclasspath/p:$CATALINA_BASE/bin/jmx.jar"
# cd $CATALINA_BASE
# bin/catalina.sh start

Now, Tomcat runs.  I tried the JSP examples, and they work.  I'll see
about benchmarking it versus JDK 1.4.x and 1.5.x.  :)

Thanks for the help Remy.

--
Jason Brittain