Costin Manolache wrote:
No it doesn't. If the connection is keep-alive, and there is no activity
for 100ms, the socket is put in the poller, and that thread is freed.
When the next data on that socket arrives, the socket is signaled and
passed to the thread pool.

Mladen.

Sorry, I missed that. So we can have as many 'keep alive' idle as we want - only those active are taking threads ?

Yes. You will need APR HEAD if using WIN32 and wish more the 64 of them. On most other platforms, the limit is controlled by ulimit.

Which file implements this ( the 100ms timeout and poller ) ?

When the active thread finishes the response that is going to be the keep-alive it reads with timeout for 100ms. Thus if the next keep-alive request comes within 100ms it is handled immediately. If not it is passed to the poller.

I assume this is only done in the APR connector, or is it implemented in java as well ( nio ) ? .

jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jni

We have APR and thin native JNI glue code, basically dealing with apr
types and pointers.

Regards,
Mladen.