On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 12:05:51PM +0200, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Vicenç Beltran wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >attached you'll find a patch that changes the coyote multithreading
> >model to a "hybrid" threading model (NIO+Mulithread). It's fully
> >compatible with the existing Catalina code and is SSL enabled.
> >
> >diff -uprN
> >jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/Http11Processor.java
>
> Can't you simply make two new files
> Http11NioProcessor and Http11NioProtocol.
>
> Trying to change default implementation that Tomcat uses will never
> be committed (at least I'll vote -1 on that).
>
> Simply create two files that can be used instead current implementation,
> in a fashion we did for Http11AprProtocol.
>

> Regards,
> Mladen.

Hi,

I've rebuilt the patch following your indications (hope). You can
find at http://www.bsc.es/edragon/pdf/tomcat-5.5.9-NIO-patch (now it is bigger
so it can't be attached)

The benchmarking results I've obtained for a static content workload can be
downloaded
from from http://www.bsc.es/edragon/pdf/TestSurge.tgz

As a summary, the throughput improvement I've observed is about a 25%, without
breaking the response time. You can see all the results (original, patched and
comparison) in the above file.

I'm finishing the Dynamic content (plain and SSL) experiments, and I'll
post them as soon as possible.

Best,
Vicenç