Is this still true if we were to define "extra" workers that are marked as
disabled at startup?  Could we then point them to any new servers as they
are added and enable them without a restart?  I know it's not very clean,
but would it work?

We'd *really* like to find a way around having to force a restart.

thanks!

David

|         |           Mladen Turk      |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           >                |
|         |           05/24/2005 02:55 |
|         |           "Tomcat          |
|         |           Developers List" |

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Any ideas or recommendations on this?

Adding workers would be tricky because if member of load balancer
it has to be known at startup time so that shared memory slot can be
allocated.

The only solution would be to edit the workers.properties file and
then forcing the Apache to restart.

Regards,
Mladen.