http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/building.html

I am doing some research on Tomcat and want to build and debug Tomcat5.5
under Eclipse. Originally tomcat is built with ANT, it downloads all
components from different CVS and build them together.
I'd like to import Tomcat Source code (at first only the core
components, such as catalina and Coyota, Jasper) and build them with
Eclipse Builder, so I can debug it as a normal JAVA program under
DEBUG-View.

Who has such experience and can help me? I have built Jetty under
Eclipse, but Tomcat is much more complex.