[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
billbarker    2005/08/03 23:07:46

  Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/security
                        SecurityClassLoad.java
  Log:
  Fix CNFE when starting in a sandbox.
After the last refactoring, the Jk-Java Connector no longer has need of PAs. If this changes, the method can always be added back.

This reminds me I need to test security more often.

I look in the preload list for HTTP, and I see a few PAs there. One of them is:

        // End the response status line
        if (System.getSecurityManager() != null){
           AccessController.doPrivileged(
                new PrivilegedAction(){
                    public Object run(){
                        buf[pos++] = Constants.CR;
                        buf[pos++] = Constants.LF;
                        return null;
                    }
                }
           );
        } else {
            buf[pos++] = Constants.CR;
            buf[pos++] = Constants.LF;
        }

I think this is fairly funny code. The contents of the PA were a bit different originally, but I don't see why a PA was ever needed. Similarly, the other PA is needed because the HttpMessages is a bundle which will need to be loaded, while the loading should be done during the init of the connector (like HttpMessages.getMessage(200)).

Rémy