All,

I've configured a context to be run in a separate application directory
(i.e. not webapps) however I've noticed something odd, the WAR file
doesn't get auto-expanded. e.g.

in server.xml:

<context path=/admin
              docBase="C:\projects\jakarta\testWebApps"
              debug="1"
              reloadable="false"
</context>

in the docBase folder I place admin.war. Instead of the war file being
expanded, it just sits there.
I notice from the Tomcat startup log that the XMLReader is called for the
war file, the line reads something like:

   <timestamp> Ctx( /admin ) :  XMLReader -init  /Admin
C:\Projects\jakarta\testWebApps

but there's not corresponding line regarding reading the Admin app's
web.xml.

Am I mistaken regarding the autoexpansion of .war files? If not, how do I
ensure that auto-expansion is guaranteed to work (is there some special
configuration entry to instruct Tomcat to expand the wars?). If I expand
the war manually using the jar command all work correctly.

I'm running 3.2.beta6.

Thanks,

Thom