Hi

Yeah, weird eh? The browser (IE) tells me "DNS Error or Cannot Find Server".
As an aside I'm running apache on Port 80 and it serves up the web pages
fine (for other websites, NOT the ones Tomcat points to).

I appreciate your help.

http://serverip:8080/test/index.html I
> always get DNS can't locate server errors.
>
> The log files seem to be happy with the exception that I occasionally see
> this error message in the tomcat.log file. the error is marked by *'s,
I've
> just included the whole log file as it's quite small and maybe the insight
> will help.
> (FYI: /usr/local/tomcat is a symbolic link to /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat)
>
> Starting tomcat install="/usr/local/tomcat"
home="/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat"
> classPath=".:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/usr/local/t

omcat/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/lib
> /test:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/webserver.jar:/usr/local/tom

cat/lib/xml.jar:/usr/local/java/lib/tools.jar:.:./:/lib/classes.zip:/classes