oops forgot to tell you that I am using Tomcat v3.1

but I also downloaded version 3.2 beta 6 and tried with that one but same
results

-----Original Message-----
From: Hovnan Jonah Alexanian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 2:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: NT-Service-Howto

Hi,

I am a new tomcat user and for the last two days I have been trying to
install the NT-Service.  Can you help me...

I downloaded jk_nt_service.exe and wrapper.properties.  Made the two changes

wrapper.tomcat_home = c:\tomcat
wrapper.java_home = c:\jdk1.2.2

then I ran jk_nt_service -i Jakarta wrapper.properties.

the wrapper.properties files is located in the same dir as the exe

jk_no_service installed the service and reported no errors but the service
does not start.

I can manualy start tomcat and execute the examples.  I think AJPV12
connecter is installed and running because there is an entry in the
server.xml file plus i am able to start and stop tomcat using the supplied
code.  I can even run the isapi version from iis.

Is there any error file jk_nt_service writes to that I can read and find out
what is going on?
I am using Windows2000 Advanced Server with and without IIS.

>From nt services i can see that Jakarta service is installed but after i
start it it stops a second after it starts.

Best regards
Hovnan Jonah Alexanian
(818) 954-4453