I solved my problem - it seems that a nasty html editor
clobbered the index.hmt file and didn't 'Uppercased' the S in
Servlets in one of my links.

I'm surprised that this is a problem though - I always thought
Windows was case insensitive to pathname entries.

Oh well, onwards and upwards....

-T.
>Hi,
>
>I made a few simple mods to the HelloworldExample servlet and
now I
>can't get it to run. I put the original back and I still get a
404 error

>back from Tomcat 3.2b6. What Handler could it be wingeing
about? I'm not
>sure what the problem could be and I'm getting very bogged
down
>in the code trying to fathom what I could have broken.
>
>The mod I added was code to look up a env-entry via the
javax.naming
>service. Even so, that shouldn't have broken the original
>HelloWorldExample as it's still the same.
>
>I'm at a loss to work out what the problem could be -
permissions look