Hi Betty,

Actually, I *do* think that this information is available as part of a
normal HTTP request
(at least under some conditions, like if redirected by a page whose status
code is
"temporarily moved" or "permanently moved").

I have vague memories of using this feature from CGI about 4 years ago....

I think that if you use request.getHeaderNames() and print out the results,
you may find
the header name you want, eg it might be "http-referrer". Once you figure
out what
the header you need is, you can then use request.getHeader("http-referrer")
or whatever
in your code.

You might also want to search around on www.w3c.org for the actual formal
definition.