Title: RE: non-cookie session tracking?

Well, for the first one, they don't have a session yet - so the JavaScript just needs to be smart enough to behave when it's not there.  As sson as they hit a dynamic page, they will get a session, and then the 'static' pages can use it.
-----Original Message-----
From: Burgess, Jay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 02:18 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: non-cookie session tracking?

While our servlets use cookies for session handling, we use this technique all the time with parameters other than session ID.  I thought it might be applicable to your problem.

However, now I'm wondering about the "bootstrap" case i.e. how do you get the session ID onto the URL for the very FIRST page?  Maybe there's more to this than my original email implied.

Jay