Hi Richard,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I think I finally see what you are
trying to do.

Suppose you have two web apps app1 and app2.
You are in a servlet in app1 and you want a RequestDispatcher
for a JSP (say my.jsp) in app2.  You would:

RequestDispatcher rd;
String uri = "/app2/my.jsp";
ServletContext ctxt =getServletContext().getContext(uri);
rd=ctxt.getRequestDispatcher("/app2.jsp");
if (rd != null)
 rd.include(request,response);

"ctxt" is the Servlet Context of app2, so you don't need
to strip or add anything.

Are we getting any closer?

=====
Wyn Easton